So, it’s been two weeks since I have done a blog post. In that two weeks I have made absolutely nothing to show you! I have been busy putting the finished touches on my next booklet for market. I’m a little behind with everything, as I seem to be suffering from some Quilter’s Block. Then I decided to add size options, so instead of the book having 9 projects, there are actually 24 size options. That makes for a lot of math, drawing extra diagrams, refiguring, testing, etc. Then repeat it all a few more times to double, triple, and quadruple check for errors. I am SOOOO happy to have that all done. I am ready to move on. The books will be delivered in a little over a week, so I will show you a preview then. Next, I have to start preparing my booth for market. I’m waiting on the fabric, so I hope it gets here soon! Only three weeks left to go . . . .
That doesn’t make for a very exciting post, does it?
I always have to show some pictures . . . . . . . so I will show you a project that I haven’t quite finished yet. Last December I decided to repaint my bathroom. Here is what it looked like then:
It was based on this painting, that later became my Serenity fabric line (from about 4 years ago). I liked these colors then, but now I find it a little dull and boring.
I originally set out to look for some wallpaper. Have you seen all of the beautiful large-scale prints in wallpaper these days? They are absolutely gorgeous. And seriously expensive. The average cost was over $600 for this teeny, tiny bathroom. I decided that was a bit steep for something I would probably change in about 18 months.
So, I decided to spray my bangs up with some aqua net and go back to the 80’s when stenciling was all the rage. I based my stencil on a print from an upcoming fabric line (yes, it’s that line that I am waiting for!)
Many of the wallpapers that I liked were all-over, really busy florals. I thought that might be too overpowering in my little powder bath, so I decided to tread lightly with my stenciling (that I figured the more I did, the more dorky-home made it would look).
I added the stems first.
When the cream painted had dried, I added in the turquoise roses. As you can see, I used my hand to blot the stencil brush. You are supposed to use a paper plate or something, but this just seemed “handier”.
In this photo, it looks like I am smoking my paint brush, but I just realized that I did something wrong. So, in this photo, I am caught mid gasp and bringing my hand up to my face. “Oh, no. I screwed up. I’ve got to repaint that left side.”
I realized that the corner needed to mirror image – like this:
My bathroom is so tiny, so it’s really hard to even photograph how it turned out. My favorite part was getting to paint the tub that wonderful turquoise color.
I even put on my wide-angle lens, but it didn’t really help that much.
I’m still trying to find some things to decorate the space. Something with some snap and color. I also need to make a little quilt to hang above the tub. Something like this –
But cuter and made out of actual fabric. Someday . . . . After market!
I hope you all have a great weekend. I’ll be back soon to show you some of the projects from the new book.