It’s been a busy last few weeks, so I hardly know where to begin. That’s what happens when I get behind. I don’t know where to start blogging, so I just don’t. There is also the problem of that I have hardly been taking my camera out. I thought it was because I didn’t really have much to show for my last few weeks. Then I started making a list and realized that I have been busy!
1. I’ve put the finishing touches on four knitting projects. I have yet to take any pictures, but I will.
2. I have painted up a new fabric line that will come out next year. I don’t have pictures of this either, because I’m not allowed to give a teaser yet.
3. Six prints are painted up for a second line for next year. Again, I have nothing to show for it – yet.
4. We have had 3 lake day parties over the 4th of July. That means lots of people, eating, cooking, cleaning up, tubing, swimming, and eating some more. Again, I hardly took any pictures, which is so rare for me. I took this one of the initial clean-up.
This is the lake weed harvester, stopping to help us pick up some weeds on the beach after a big storm. The harvester is such a strange looking contraption, that I thought you might it interesting.We live in a bay that traps lake debris when we get the wind from the right direction. In addition to weeds, our score also included a large tree.
The weather has been really hot and humid, so if you don’t gets the weeds moved out, they start to smell like you have been snorting pond scum. Just lovely . . .
Speaking of lovely, the only other two pictures I got were of these kids decked out in the 4th of July gear
And this little one, who enjoyed playing with my fabric scraps in my studio. I will have to make up for my lack of pictures on our next lake day!
5. Joel’s good friend from high-school and his family came to visit.
There was more swimming . .
and more eating. (BTW – this is Paula Dean’s strawberry shortcake. It’s very yummy)
6. I have worked on just one quilt in the last couple weeks. This is up on the design wall:
The fabric line is Jovial, by Basic Grey. I had one layer cake to get me started. The black tonal is from my Artful Home line and the dot is from my current Christmas line, Deck the Halls. The pattern is “Simple Gifts”, from my Living Large 2 book.
I still have to get my borders on, but I have been having issues with my back. It doesn’t want me to sit for sewing or blogging, so I decided to garden instead.
I’m really smart like that. Did you know that gardening is good for your back? Actually, Joel did most of the digging for me and I did the planting. I also put out new mulch and all the bending forward really did stretch me out and make my back feel better! I will try to get some pictures shortly. I tried to take some, but it is so sunny, that the pictures didn’t turn out at all.
I’m sure I’m not the only one for whom the summer is flying by. With all the hub-bub, the blogging sort of goes by the way side. Hopefully you are so busy you didn’t even notice!